Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro x trial not installing

Ok so when i first got my laptop i tried downloading final cut pro trial but it would always say "invalid checksum" when verifying. it happened multiple times everytime i always tried to install it, until one day I'm not sure what i did that it finally downloaded. i used it until my trial was over so i bought the full version the begininng gf this month. i tried installing it and it would download all the way until it changes to installing and then it says "download failed try downloading again in the purchases page" this has been happening the day since i bought final cut pro. now its been 3 weeks and still nothing works, i have chatted with technicians online and have taken it to the apple store and they keep saying they don't know why final cut pro isn't installing because the laptop is working fine. so anyway i got my refund on it, but now I'm trying to install the trial but it keeps showing up invalid checksum when it verifies it,so i click skip and it will start writing the files but then in the middle it will stop and say " failed to download....contact the developer". honestly i don't know what to do anymore i need this app to do school work and I'm really frustrated that nothing seems to be working. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 4:39 PM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2015 5:14 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Well when i took it to the apple store they ended up restoring the whole computer because it wouldn't update so they ended updating it and they said that final cut pro should download fine now since it was updated. i took it home and tried it but nothing happened. i live quite a while away from the store so i called a technician and they told me to wait a week to see if it would download, i waited a week and still nothing happened. and for the parental controls it says there are no user accounts to be managed so i don't think there is any parental controls. So the technicians at the apple store would be able to install it from the system drives?

final cut pro x trial not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.