Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

None of the solutions listed have worked. Tried wiping it on find my iphone. Says device isn't connected to internet & will erase when it is. This is a new device. Can I just remove it from my account & start over with no problems?

I have tried all of the solutions listed on the help page. I cannot restore the iPad through iTunes, because as others have posted, it will not allow this with the Find My iPhone feature turned on on the iPad. Obviously I can't turn it off if I can't log in. Tried to wipe it through the Find My Phone method. It says that the device is not connected to the internet, and will be wiped when it is. Again, obviously I can't get into the settings to get it to connect. This is a new device. Can I remove it from my account, then start over with it? I can't see a problem this would create, but would appreciate some input. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

iPad Air

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 4:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 3:55 PM in response to IDsw

Just an update for anyone else checking this...I contacted tech support and did a live chat. Went through the steps again on wiping the device through iCloud. This time the process worked fine, I have no clue why. I had not mistaken the on/off button with the home button, as someone else suggested. Good luck to anyone else with this problem!

None of the solutions listed have worked. Tried wiping it on find my iphone. Says device isn't connected to internet & will erase when it is. This is a new device. Can I just remove it from my account & start over with no problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.