Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New Slow early 2014 Macbook Air

I recently purchased an early 2014 macbook air, I bought it form an authorized representative in the states. It came sealed on the box with plastic and all. I have about a 2-3 days using it, and I can't help but find this computer to be extremely slow!! At times, the trackpad and the keyboard become unresponsive, and the computer takes a lot of time to process simple request, I won't even get on the subject of trying to use office or a browser...ok, maybe I will. At first I thought the problem was Safari, then I thought it was chrome, and then I realized it was my brand new mac, I normally have to reload a page everytime I click somewhere on a website.

I ran a diagnostic, as apple support suggested, but everything was in place according to it. I'm thinking about going to a representative here in my country (DR), but I don't know if they're authorized to open or replace my computer.

Computer: MacBook Air 13 in, Early 2014

Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Brand New Computer

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 5:24 PM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2015 8:14 PM in response to JSantanaC

Your new Mac should run like blazes. Contact AppleCare and insist they fix it: http://www.apple.com/la/support/contact/

I'd be inclined to return it for a full refund. There is something wrong about a "brand new" 2014 MBA with Mavericks installed. It should have shipped with Yosemite, and as such does not appear to be new. More than likely, you are not its original owner. Anyone with a $50 sealing machine can shrink wrap a box.

Apr 24, 2015 3:44 AM in response to John Galt

John Galt wrote:

There is something wrong about a "brand new" 2014 MBA with Mavericks installed. It should have shipped with Yosemite, and as such does not appear to be new. More than likely, you are not its original owner.

John, before commenting here, you should have known that all the early 2014 macbook machines came preinstalled with Mavericks and not Yosemite.

Yosemite was publicly released in October 2014, then how is it possible for Apple to ship all their Mac machines with Yosemite....?? Think again....

There is nothing fishy about the OP’s Macbook Air’s originality.

Don’t you agree with me....?? Don’t take my post as offensive....🙂

Apr 24, 2015 7:15 AM in response to John Galt

John Galt wrote:

Your assertion that "all the early 2014 macbook machines came preinstalled with Mavericks and not Yosemite" is incorrect.

If you have a concern I recommend you start a new Discussion rather than distract the OP with incorrect and irrelevant information. Thanks.

Can you please provide some proofs to prove me "incorrect" and support your words.....???

There is no need to post sign pictures to direct me to start a new thread. I know how and when to start it.....!!

And also, I am not here to obscure the OPS thread with any "incorrect and irrelevant information but to be of some help. Infact, I should tell you to stop posting incorrect and irrelevant information.....

Brand New Slow early 2014 Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.