Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add iCloud account to Calendar

Somehow, my Calendar on my rMBP has become unsync'd from the Calendars on my mobile devices. Following a suggestion on the forums, I disabled iCloud for Calendar on my MBP, with the intention of rechecking the iCloud account after restarting. I unchecked iCloud for Calendar, which deleted all of the information for Calendar on the MBp, and restarted. However, now I can't add iCloud to the Calendar app on my Mac. "Adding Account" commands or checking the iCloud account box with Calender cause a spinning wheel, and then....nothing. The IOS devices are working just fine, and if I sign on iCloud using a browser, Calendar is fine. But the app is DOA. It will not connect with iCloud. Every now and then, I'll get an error message that the security certificate for the Apple server is expired, do I want to proceed? Click "Proceed" multiple time....nothing.

Any suggestions. What I am doing wrong?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 4:30 PM

4 replies

May 15, 2015 12:18 PM in response to themoffster1

I'm going to add this because I seem to have solved this issue. First, when I tried to add an icloud account in Calendar, the first time I try after opening calendar, I would get an error message saying "can't verify the identity of the iCloud server", and that tthe certificate "for p03-caldav.icloud.com" is invalid. Even though I clicked "Continue", the error box disappeared, and adding the account failed. This dialog box only showed on the first attempt to add an iCloud account after Calendar was opened. Subsequent attempts just failed with no dialog box. So, if you're seeing this dialog box, this is how I worked around it.

Close Calendar and re-open. Restart the computer if necessary. Open calendar, click on "Add Account", then click "iCloud". Get error message entitled "VERIFY ACCOUNT" which says "Internet Accounts can't verify the identity of the server "p03-caldav.icloud.com".

Click on "Show Certificate". This opens a ladder, which shows a series of levels for the certificate from Apple for that server (p03-caldav,iCloud.com). For the level "Trust Certificate"...There are 3 drop down boxes available. The default is something, can't remember now, but something like "System Default" (Duh). Change this to "Always Trust". Do the same for the other three levels. Then click the "Continue" box on the first or top level, and Viola...suddenly, I'm syncing again with my other devices.

I'll come back here and post again if this doesn't last.

Unable to add iCloud account to Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.