Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store redemption code error April 2015

I purchased Mountain Lion on apple.com yesterday in order to update OS X on aMacbook Pro Mid 2012 non retina that is running Lion 10.7.5.

After waiting overnight I finally received the redemption code this afternoon and when I tried to redeem in the app store I keep getting the following

error messages "Code redemption is temporarily unavailable. Try again later." and "This item is being modified. Please try

again later." I even tried checking to see if it would work on another mac running Mavericks and it had the same error. I spoke to customer support

at apple and while they were all very nice their final answer was "wait a while and see what happens" < "SERIOUSLY ?" It's been over six hours

since I first tried this and there has been no change. Also FYI, I cannot use Mavericks or Yosemite yet because of a hardware/software compatibility

issue so don't go there. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), App Store issues

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 6:40 PM

10 replies

Apr 23, 2015 10:48 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for your reply. I had previously tried this but tried it again after receiving your message.

Sorry but that did not change anything. The app store appears totally unresponsive. I have an

active and working internet connection that works fine.

PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!! PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED !!!

App Store redemption code error April 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.