Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Jam Session ports

Hi, I am running an iPad Air (2014 model) and have the newest GarageBand. I would like to have a few people on different networks join me over the Internet to do a huge jam session. I have one problem with this though. I have the computing capabilities to do this, but I do not know what ports on my wifi router I will have to open. My iPad has a static ip of 100.100.0.2 and I have a D-Link Router.

Thanks in advance

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, Late 2014

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 8:43 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 2:31 PM in response to bret7600

Hey bret7600,

Using the Jam Session feature of GarageBand requires that all participants be on the same Wi-Fi network or that they connect via Bluetooth. This feature cannot be used across the internet, so forwarding or opening ports is not necessary.

You can make music with other GarageBand users sharing a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection.

GarageBand for iPad - Jam with other GarageBand users
http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.0.2/#/chsf2f99ff5

Cheers,

Allen

GarageBand Jam Session ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.