Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Fading Out When Responding To Commands

Hello!

I have an odd problem with Siri since I updated from iOS 7 to iOS 8.3 about a week ago: when I give her voice commands (which is often, as I drive a lot), about 50% of the time that she responds back to me, she'll fade out midway through her response, almost like she's being interrupted by an incoming call. But she's never been interrupted and I don't touch the phone at all except to hold it by its sides. Sometimes she won't fade out but just stop talking during her response. It's difficult to show proof, but I just tested it and out of 5 commands, she faded out on 2 and abruptly stopped talking on 1. This occurs with both the built in iPhone mic and a separate manufacturer earphone set with its own built in mic. 55% of my commands are music-related, and 44.9% of the rest are call-related. It's not a problem problem, pet se, but it is rather jarring. I have an iPhone 5C.

Any thoughts? I haven't tried restoring because I have a large music collection and every time i use iTunes it breaks in some way (despite all my years with Apple I never got the hang of iTunes).

I'll do that as a last resort if no one has any ideas, see if that helps.

Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 7:34 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Souzu

Hi Souzu,

If you are having issues with Siri on your iPhone fading out during use, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

May 3, 2015 9:08 PM in response to Brett L

Thanks for the reply, Brett. I've tried every solution listed except for setting up as a new device. It is absolutely not an option, with all of the items I have on my phone. Simply put, I do not trust iTunes at all, let alone its backup.

If there's no other troubleshooting tips it looks like I'll just be stuck with Siri cutting herself off.

Siri Fading Out When Responding To Commands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.