Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best bit rate for blu rays with Toast 11

I'm burning a ProRes422 (uncompressed @ 18GB) movie to blu-ray using Toast 11 Titanium. The maximum bit rate is 9.0 Mbps. Is this sufficient? It seems very low...

Compressor has never worked properly with burning a blu-ray (I know there are more custom settings). I would use this but have had no luck, the blu-ray never burns properly only had luck with Toast.

iMac Dual Core 2.4GHZ, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 4GB RAM (2) 2000GB GRAID2 Ext. Drives (1) 500GB Ext. Drive, Fin

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 3:14 AM

I get good looking discs using the default Toast BluRay settings (Best). When you start cranking up the bit rate, it puts more stress on the Blu-Ray player to keep up, which can lead to disc stuttering and player compatibility problems.

MtD

4 replies

Apr 25, 2015 3:18 AM in response to thesurreyfriends

Thanks for the info, somehow I've had to pay extra for the blu-ray plug in to burn a blu-ray at 26Mbps.

Now I need to figure out why the audio now is 'cracking' on the deeper parts of the soundtrack. The audio is set to PCM 96kHz 24 bit just like the original Pro Res file. In the original it does not 'peak' or 'distort' on the deeper parts of the soundtrack when playing in Quicktime, not sure what is happening to the audio after being burned to blu-ray. I might have to post in Soundtrack to get some feedback, any suggestions?

Best bit rate for blu rays with Toast 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.