Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my photos disappeared after updating to 10.10.3

I updated to 10.10.3 and now I don't have any of my pictures that were in iPhoto. I just got off the phone with support after having him search through the computer for the iPhoto Library. Not one other file is missing. How is the whole library just gone?! He ended the phone call by saying I can try to use data recovery software. Anyone have any idea why this happened and what I can do?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 7:26 PM

16 replies

Apr 24, 2015 5:26 AM in response to amperks22

Is it possible that your original iPhoto library was on an external disk that is not plugged in at the moment?

Where do you think your original iPhoto library was located.

have you tried searching a specific image file in spotlight. make sure Images is selected (temporarily just choose that category)

in Spotlight preferences.

or just a general .jpg search may uncover them. presuming you don't have .jpgs stored all over your HD.

Apr 24, 2015 5:52 AM in response to amperks22

Have you done a Spotlight search looking for iPhoto Library, make sure the 'other' category is selected in Spotlight preferences.

Did you ever make a back up which included your iPhoto library.

The default place for iPhoto library is in your Pictures folder

Macintosh HD/Users/Home/Pictures

if you didn't move anything it should be there.

User uploaded file

All my photos disappeared after updating to 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.