Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple Just Messing With Us or What??! (Can't change AppleID!)

This is seriously messed up! Not only can I not change the AppleID on an iPod Touch... I cannot even log in... never mind that, I cannot even VIEW messages on this forum any longer!! Not through my Firefox browser, anyway - viewing an old message from this forum in Google takes me to the create account page! There's not even an option to login if you already have an account! Its only possible to access this forum in Safar, even after I changed my UserAgent in FF to Safari/Mac! This is messed up! Anyway... the main problem:

1. I just want to change the AppleID on an iPod Touch (IOS 8.3). This is not an "insanely great" experience.... it's an "insanely bad" one! First off, every IOS8 guide on the net I've been able to find on the subject does not work! They talk about a DELETE button that does not exist! Ok... so its "sign out". Well there is no "sign out" only "sign in". But fine, i created an iCloud account. Except I can't access this account via iCloud on my web browser, says "ICloud Encountered An Error While Trying To Connect To Server". ...Rubbish! It simply won't log me in no matter what! Not even on Safari browser! (I know it's not an Apple-side server problem when another AppleID logs me into iCloud without issue!).

2. There are now TWO places to sign in on the iPod, "iCloud" and "iTunes" -- I tried signing in the new iCloud account in both menus, no go! (In the iTunes menu, it keeps showing the OLD AppleID email address!). The error I get is "Your AppleID Must Be A Full Email Address To Sign Up". ....Rubbish! It's a HOTMAIL email address, how much "fuller" can it get? This insane error points me to the AppleID website to fix the problem, but does not say how the heck you are supposed to fix it once in the site! Well, all I know then is I click "Manage AppleID" button, there is my Hotmail email address, all verified and green check-marked.

Yet the iPod won't accept the account!

I"m more of an Apple expert than anyone I know... are they serious??! Apple really expect regular customers to go through this and understand why its not working? I can't even come close to sorting out this problem!

Does anyone out there know how I can change the AppleID on an IOS 8.3 iPod Touch?? Please help save a brand new iPod Touch from being maliciously smashed with a brick in an irrational last straw effort at revenge!

iMac, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 9:38 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:07 AM in response to Mayden Vane

I have no problem using this forum with either Chrome or IE on win 8 or Safari and Chrome on a Mac.

To sign out of Apple ID in Settings>iTunes and App Store you tap the signed-in ID and a window pops up with option to so some things including sign out.

However, one can set a Restriction in Settings>General>Restrictions that prevents changing accounts which would prevent one from signing out of the Apple ID.

Have you tried when connected to another network> Maybe you have a network problem. At least power off and your router and then power it back on

Apr 24, 2015 9:56 AM in response to lllaass

Hi,

There is no network problem - this is not a network problem thing. The problem accessing this forum may be restricted to Firefox... but it is still a very weird problem, the likes of which I have never seen. I don't know what is causing this behaviour, but I don't see how Firefox alone would cause the site to redirect to the create account page. Thus I was convinced Apple Discussions was restricting people from viewing solutions and participating here, if they did not use Safari!

Now as for the problem with the iPod... There were no restrictions set. It turns out, the reason I could not log in to the account via the iPod nor via iCloud (on the web), had to do with the account itself! Despite having changed the password to this account, despite the AppleID site telling me the email was verified and green-checked, the Apple ecosystem choked itself on this account! it was a Kafka-esque nightmare trying to use this account; whereby the AppleID site would tell it me it could not find the account (when I entered the name, etc), and then when I tried to create a new account using the information I entered to find the unfindable account, the site would tell me I could not do that because that account was already registered!!

If I did not know any better, I'd have to assume the entire AppleID system was programmed by grade school kids on their lunch break.

The solution to this hours-long nightmare came from simply creating a new account with a new email address. Suddenly, the iPod and everything accepted that information!

With Apple making their customers jump through hoops of fire like this, I'm now starting to understand why so many people are opting for Android devices!

Is Apple Just Messing With Us or What??! (Can't change AppleID!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.