Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install current Itunes!

I have had Itunes for years, and only recently with current Itunes updated version the whole operation has crashed. A week ago for some unexplained reason I could not open the Itunes, error message appeared stating that I would need to re-install the Itunes. I had removed all possible Apple related programs and files, re-started PC, and tried to Download Itunes again. I run Itunes installation as Administrator. Every time when the installer reaches "Start Services" message appears stating: " Apple Mobile Device Support failed to start. Please confirm privileges" etc. I went to PC's "Services" and could not manually start Apple Mobile Device either. The installation message leads to either "Abort, Retry or Ignore" function. "Retry" does not get me anywhere, "Ignore" and "Abort" installs the Itunes with no Apple Mobile Device service function. Newly installed Itunes cannot be opened, Apple error7(Windows error 193) appears on opening. I had tried to connect my Apple Shuffle on installation and it did not make any difference. I had also tried to install the Itunes via different browsers, all attempts failed. My Windows are up-to-date, no troubles here. Any ideas on what is actually happening?

Itunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 9:30 PM

17 replies

Apr 24, 2015 4:31 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 24, 2015 6:11 AM in response to YuRaJazz

I read another post somewhere in which a user noticed that for some reason Apple Mobile Device Support was installed but actively disabled in the services.msc control panel, and enabling it there fixed things for them. You can open this panel by pressing the WinLogoKey User uploaded file and R at the same time and typing in services.msc followed by enter/return on the keyboard or clicking OK.

Alternatively, if you have a 64-bit machine, you may find the "for older video cards" version will install successfully. This is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit core application, similar to all 64-bit releases of iTunes prior to 12.1.

Unless you have made a recent purchase of Apple hardware, or have Apple Care, they don't generally provide telephone support for iTunes.

tt2

Apr 25, 2015 12:35 AM in response to YuRaJazz

Same exact problem, had itunes for years then this new piece of **** update just literally fixes nothing and only made problems, still havn't found a fix, please let me know if anyone finds one would call apple but i can't schedule **** cause apparently you need to pay 30 bucks now for a phone call? or at least the process i went through three times kept asking for it. Yay apple for their awessome "updates" aka screw ups.

Jun 25, 2015 11:38 AM in response to turingtest2

I did the component by component install in the order that I saw you mention in a different post and followed the steps as laid on in your post Trouble Shooting issues with itunes for Windows updates.

Do you have a step by step for the other methods that you could link to. I'm not exactly sure what a full tear down is, and I'm also not sure how to do the "for older video cards" version. You are amazing by the way!

Jun 25, 2015 12:06 PM in response to savvvs

savvvs wrote:

Do you have a step by step for the other methods that you could link to. I'm not exactly sure what a full tear down is, and I'm also not sure how to do the "for older video cards" version. You are amazing by the way!

The steps in the second box ofTroubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updatesare a tear down guide.

The further information area has direct links to the current 32 & 64 bit builds and theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release.

tt2

Jun 25, 2015 1:26 PM in response to savvvs

savvvs wrote:

I didn't receive the message about the older video card, should I try that anyway?

Yes, quite a number of people with 64-bit systems have been able to install that version successfully when the all 64-bit version would not install correctly. It is similar to all 64-bit releases up to 12.1, being a 64-bit installer for mainly 32-bit code.

tt2

Cannot install current Itunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.