Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album art hacked

Assuming itunes album art has been hacked - the same man's face is appearing on many album covers ??
Does anyone know how to fix ?
User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 8:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Alidil

These instructions will have to be modified if you've moved the iTunes folder from its usual location.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Music/iTunes/Album Artwork/Cache

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "Cache" selected. Quit iTunes if it's running. Move the selected folder to the Trash. Relaunch the application and re-download all album artwork.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Apr 24, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Alidil

That's freaky. There is quite a story behind this once you figure out who the fellow is.

Here are instructions for cleaning it up: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110716204302AAP29qx

In case that site goes away, I'll quote it here:

If you want to remove his face from your album art, follow these steps:

1. Search iTunes music for "george.ortha"

2. Select all (command+a) the found items and modify the collective info (command+i) to delete all their genres, album names, comments, and anything else with his name/email address.

3. Select all the found items again and clear all the downloaded artwork (right-click).

4. Select all one last time and click Get Album Artwork (right-click).

*His face will disappear*

I haven't tried these instructions, but they are safe and should work. I strongly suggest staying out of the internals of your iTunes data folder as suggested above.

Album art hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.