Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stay signed in

Why do I have to keep signing into communities? This is on my iPhone 6 and my iMac. Other sites don't do this and keep me signed in, why does Apple support communities not?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 8:51 PM

10 replies

Apr 25, 2015 10:57 AM in response to QwertyMan11

Agreed, and my apologies. If you are through with the thread you can click on the Following button on the top, it will change to Follow and you will no longer be notified.

I will mention that yesterday I was being logged out of the system much faster than 30 minutes for a little bit. This occurs once in a while when they are having problems with the system. There was a time when I would leave the browser open on five devices and would never be logged out but that was quite a while ago. I do believe this was changed not only because of the spam but also because "parkers" can slow down the system, which is now huge and will grow larger with the Apple Watch, and is also a security threat. So we'll have to live with the 30 minute rule. At least for the near future.

Apr 25, 2015 11:12 AM in response to QwertyMan11

QwertyMan11 wrote:

I've no idea whats happened to my thread, I only asked why I wasn't getting kept signed in. I now get notifications saying thread has updated and its all nothing to do with original post.

Please stop and use another thread for all this.

thanks

I apologize for having answered ChitlinsCC who likes to take threads off-topic to his favorite topic.

Stay signed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.