Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Contents

I back-up 3 Macs (2x iMacs and 1 Laptop) all running Yosemite to one Time Machine. The Time Machine is nearly full. Can I access ALL the information on the Time Machine from one iMac and selectively delete contents on the TM?

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:35 PM

No.. !!

However you can delete the whole sparsebundle..

Deleting bits and pieces from TM backups is very seldom a success.. our advice is .. don't do it.

If you want to save the backups, archive them to a USB drive.. then wipe the TC and start again.

Don't fiddle with the internal structure of the TM backups.. it will create a mess.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 1:35 PM in response to MikeR-NZ

No.. !!

However you can delete the whole sparsebundle..

Deleting bits and pieces from TM backups is very seldom a success.. our advice is .. don't do it.

If you want to save the backups, archive them to a USB drive.. then wipe the TC and start again.

Don't fiddle with the internal structure of the TM backups.. it will create a mess.

Apr 24, 2015 3:24 PM in response to MikeR-NZ

You can plug a USB drive into the TC and move one of the sparsebundles to it.. then one computer can do its backups to the USB.. moving the original backup is a long process.. and it might be better just to let TM start over.. and a month or two after that, delete the sparsebundle on the TC internal disk.

If you have a Gen3 TC.. you can easily upgrade the internal disk to 3TB..

If you have earlier TC I would seriously consider replacement.. as they are just too old to bother with.

Time Machine Contents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.