Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume during videos on iPad3

Odd question about the iPad 3 volume control...

During playback of the NBC app, the commercials are at a lower volume level than the show. When the show comes back on, the volume level stays at the level of the commercial, where I can't hear it. I can send myself an email via my iPhone and the volume goes back up (due to the audible notification), but it's a hassle on an hour long show. Is there something I'm missing in the "sounds" section of the settings?

thanks for any and all help... Now to sort and delete self emails.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:28 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2015 4:19 AM in response to Quixotic1forU

I have an odd sound issue on my iPad 3 but it works the other way. If I watch any video in the videos app, when I leave the videos app, the volume increases everywhere on my iPad no matter the app. This isn't as annoting as your issue, because all that I need to do is turn the volume down. Your workaround is a bit convoluted.

Have you tried Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings? The iPad will reboot and you will have to enter all device settings again, but no data will be lost.

Volume during videos on iPad3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.