Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under the movies app when I go to purchased it used to show me an all movies option and now I don't have that option. Does anyone know why?

i Want to be able to view all the movies I purchased which I used to be able to do, and now all the sudden I cant?

Apple TV, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 11:36 PM

22 replies

Apr 24, 2015 4:09 PM in response to Dsgrover

I am having the same issue. I called Apple support and they stated they were not aware of the issue. I was bumped up to level 3 support and then finally I was referred to an engineer. They stated that Apple does not review this forum, this is only for peer to peer assistance. They have not received calls.

I suggest people start calling apple and letting them know this is a problem. I have a case open and I was told I will hear back from the engineer by next THURSDAY or possibly sooner. The number to call is 1-800-275-2273 and you need to specify an issue with AppleTV.

P.S. I did tell them I went through restoring, restart, and all the usual fun. Note... They stated this can't be an "update" issue because it was also happening on my AppleTV version 2 which is no longer being updated. 😟 I am having the same issue on the Apple TV 3 though. PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER AND LET APPLE KNOW. This is not a product issue, it is a software issue and they need to know about it.

I have a ticket number and tech direct email and phone info, I will share results once receive them.

Peace,

Daniel

Apr 25, 2015 8:24 AM in response to danielcorp

I dud call. Support was worthless. Even their supervisor. I had some techie trying to tale me through using my computer. Supervisor admitted function was removed last update. They weren't going to restore it. However he would send me a new Apple TV. That's perfectly logical. Remove a function send me a new one that still doesn't provide the function. Apple is all screwed up! So calling doesn't realky work unless you are lucky enough to find one person there who cares about doing their job right and escalating the issue. Most won't and are more focused on wasting yours and my time.

Apr 28, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Nerdymocha

Excuse me?! Have you ever read your licensing agreement with Apple regarding Movie and TV Show purchases? You need to. This is why you need to make sure you do download your purchases and keep them in a safe place. They can remove a movie from your queue. Do I think they should be able to do this, No. Because I did purchase full price that movie or TV Show. But, their agreement with the distributorships or the movie industry (the studios) allows them to remove a movie from their catalog when the studio or distributor removes it from the shelf for sale.

Apr 28, 2015 7:35 AM in response to Nerdymocha

The movies are your's forever if you download them when you buy them, the streaming option only goes for as long as they have licensed the movie like Netflix, they just don't like to tell people about that. Now it sounds like they are actually trying to hide it, basically lie about so people don't notice. I understand that the studios won't give licenses that last forever, unless apple continues to pay the licenses, but if movies don't sell, its the same thing as taking them off there shelf, they don't want to license a movie for more money than the movie is bringing in. So instead, they hide it and turn searching through my movie library into a huge pain in the butt. The only way to scroll through all your movies now is to view them on your iDevice, and stream it back to the Apple TV, which is insane and defeats the whole purpose of the apple tv.

I wrote an email to Tim Cook, (the new Steve Jobs) in a desperate attempt to get the My Movies playlist back and work on the bigger problem, and stop hiding it, since currently they have no intention of bringing that playlist back.

<Edited by Host>

Apr 30, 2015 3:13 PM in response to danielcorp

I am having the same issue. I called Apple support and they stated they were not aware of the issue. I was bumped up to level 3 support and then finally I was referred to an engineer. They stated that Apple does not review this forum, this is only for peer to peer assistance. They have not received calls.

I suggest people start calling apple and letting them know this is a problem. I have a case open and I was told I will hear back from the engineer by next THURSDAY or possibly sooner. The number to call is 1-800-275-2273 and you need to specify an issue with AppleTV.

P.S. I did tell them I went through restore, restart, and all the usual fun. Note... They stated this can't be an "update" issue because it was also happening on my AppleTV version 2 which is no longer being updated. 😟 I am having the same issue on the Apple TV 3 though. PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER AND LET APPLE KNOW. This is not a product issue, it is a software issue and they need to know about it.

UPDATE 4/30/2015 - I received a call from the Apple Developer team. They are working on the issue, this does not have anything to do with Apple trying to hide anything. This was not part of the most recent update, the reason they can prove that.... They are not updating the APPLETV 1 and 2 but the same issue is showing up on with them. I choose to believe this is not a vast conspiracy and will be fixed as the team had informed me today. The main liaison between AppleTV customer relations and the Apple Developmers Team is on vacation, he explained that to me before he left. He returns Sunday... I am scheduled for a follow up call Monday. I was told that there is an ISSUE and they ARE working on it...

Under the movies app when I go to purchased it used to show me an all movies option and now I don't have that option. Does anyone know why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.