Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone is not working after mac update or memory upgrade

Hi,

Last night i realise that my microphone is not working. I checked system settings..audio..nothing to configure there.

My system is mac mini 2012 with 16 GB ddr3 crucial upgraded from 4gb.

last update 10.10.3

I am impressed about this problem, i remember that from windows 3.11 when microphone was included...I never heard of this kind of issue.

nice job apple,,,, no comment

kind regards,

Andrei

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:27 AM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2015 1:41 AM in response to John Lockwood

thanks guys, i didnt know...when i connect my headset...i connected there...without imagie there is other connectivity type, my headest are with 2 jacks, one is output, another input (for microphone).

I am having also a web cam that is conecting usb but it has also jack for microphone.

So on this mac mini i cannot use a regular microphone.... 😟. I must buy a headset with microphone and USB only.

I will use windows whe i have work and play games, in rest i will use this "mac".

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 2:39 AM in response to andreiotetea

The "mic' in jack on the Mac is for a line-level input. That input need an amplified signal.

The headphone jack does have an internal connection to use a mic. See:

How to use Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic with your Mac - Apple Support

You can get an adopter cable to combine one 3.5 mm mic and one 3.5 mm headphone to one 3.5 mm plug. Here is one

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-headsets-separate-headphone-microphone/dp/B00 4SP0WAQ

microphone is not working after mac update or memory upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.