Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in iOS show location, not title

After syncing my iPod Touch (iOS 8.3) with my MacBook (Yosemite 10.10.3), all the photos on my iPod Touch now show the location and date taken, but not the title - even though the photos do have titles in Photos 1.0 on my MacBook. Is there some way to get my iOS Photos to display titles?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:58 AM

Photos iOS cannot show captions and titles at all.

But you can search for the titlles.

See this document: Migrating from iPhoto for iOS to Photos on iOS 8 - Apple Support

(the paragraph "What you will see in Photos")

6 replies

Apr 24, 2015 1:16 AM in response to léonie

Sorry I didn't explain clearly before. When I tap on a photo in Photos iOS it comes up with the location and date shown at the top of the screen. I want the title to appear - the same title that has been applied to Photos OS X on my MacBook. For example, I have a folder of family history photos, each of which has the person's name as its title. When I tap on the photo on my iPod I want to see who the person is - not where and when the photos was taken.

Incidentally, I tried to search for the title as you and the support article suggested, but nothing resulted, so I suppose the title has not synced from Photos on my MacBook and can therefore not be found, whereas the location and date have synced.

Apr 24, 2015 1:31 AM in response to RobHk

I want the title to appear - the same title that has been applied to Photos OS X on my MacBook.

Photos in iOS cannot display titles. That's why it only displays the location and the date. I linked to the Migrating from iPhoto for iOS to Photos on iOS 8 - Apple Support document, because it lists what Photos iOS cannot display. And titles and captions are one of the items. You cannot add titles or captions in Photos on iOS, and so they are not displayed.

Photos in iOS show location, not title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.