Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud, MobileMe, and AppleID problems across multiple devices

Hello. I began my Apple usage career years ago, and started with a Gmail account as my userid. Over the years, I obtained a MobileMe account, which evolved into an iCloud account, and where we started with 1 iPod in the house, my family now has 4 iphones, 2 ipads, and 2 ipod touches. I recently upgraded my ipad 3 to an Ipad Air 2, and handed down my ipad 3 to my wife. I also have an iPhone 6, while my wife has a iPhone 5S. For starters, Apple needs to get off their butts and find a way to let me consolidate all of the various apps, music, and books I've purchased from iTunes (2 accounts, same owner) App Store (2 accounts, same owner), and iBooks (2 accounts, samer owner) over the years into 1 account. Please don't waste my time telling me it can't be done. It CAN be done. Apple simply needs to apply their not inconsiderable technical experience (and some of the Giant piles of cash, of which, as a stock owner, I own a microfraction of) to resolving this, even if it's only on a one time basis. LET ME CONSOLIDATE MY STUFF INTO 1 ACCOUNT, PLEASE.

Rant over. Since upgrading to my new iphone 6 from a 4s, and ipad 3 to an Air 2, when I go into settings -> iCloud, my iphone 6 shows "Mobile Me" at the top, and my iPad Air 2 shows "iCloud" at the top when I click on Settings -> iCloud. The login information is the same - the same @me.com, the same iCloud storage statistics, everything right down to the picture of me at the top. Any suggestions on how I can get my phone to show iCloud at the top, and not MobileMe? Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: IrishHunter

Message was edited by: IrishHunter

Message was edited by: IrishHunter - for grammar and spelling

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, multiple ios, imac, macbook devices

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:12 AM

10 replies

Apr 24, 2015 7:30 PM in response to IrishHunter

You don't get it do you? Apple CEO (who can change apple policy with flick of the finger) knew it was a problem 4 years ago, do you think he does not know it now? What board can make him change his mind? You can write it anywhere you want, White house walls if that matters to you.

It is customary to refer to feedback apple here, so enjoy.

www.apple.com/feedback.

About your other question, I believe your me.com and icloud.com are the one and the same account so it really does not matter which one you see in settings.

If it really concerns you just sign out of the one that you don't like and sign in with other. My apple email is also me.com/icloud.com and when I sign in to anything

icloud I can use my fromsouth@msn.com or fromsouth@me or @icloud. All of them just variations of my user name. All of them are the same account.

Apr 25, 2015 10:32 AM in response to IrishHunter

CSound1 - thanks for that link. While it may not gain much traction, at least I feel like I tried to accomplish something.

fromsouth - I do, in fact, "Get it". I didn't post my minI-rant to be a troll, or create animosity. I' simply searching for a more common-sense solution than what is currently provided by Apple. Thanks for the guidance to the feedback portion of the site. The reason i brought all of this up was because I had needed to perform multiple syncs across devices to get access to previously purchased materials on my new devices that were obtained on my gmail/MobileMe accounts, and I was frustrated by how time consuming and difficult it was. It's not a user friendly process, which is the main reason I use Apple's products. Thanks again for the help.

Apr 25, 2015 7:31 PM in response to IrishHunter

As an aside, I also sent an email to Tim Cook. I'm sure that as busy as he is, he won't have time to respond to my concerns and wishes, but I am learning as I age, that sometimes we take for granted that the people with the power to effect change actually know what changes are desirable. In other words… the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Here's to hoping Apple develops a solution to this issue that lets uses have 1 UserID moving forward with all of their media under one ID

Regards,

IrishHunter.

iCloud, MobileMe, and AppleID problems across multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.