Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos.app does not finish uploading library to iCloud photos

• I participated in the iCloud photos Beta version and uploaded my iPhoto library successfully to iCloud Photos beta.
  • Since the photos.app is available I upgraded to 200GB iCloud drive storage to have my photos synced and saved between iPhone, iPad, and Macbook.
  • The photos.app used my lokal "iPhoto library" and added the photos to the lokal "photos.app library" on my MacBook Pro
  • In my photos.app options on the MacBook Pro I activated the "iCloud Photo library" as well as "download originals to this mac", "my photostream" and "iCloud Photo Sharing"

My problem: The upload from MacBook Pro to iCloud Photos does not continue and is stuck at adding 7.512 items for a week now (as shown in picture). I tried differend internet connections, pausing and continuing the upload etc.

Does anyone have a idea where the problem could be? Thank's a lot for reading and your help!

Stefan

MacBook Pro

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:01 AM

I see this question in a lot of places and in several Apple discussion groups. I've tried a number of the proposed solutions. I have 99GBs to upload. I got about 30GB uploaded twice, but then it kept stalling there (I have plenty of space). The solution that came closest was for me to turn off icloud, shut down Photos, rebuild Photos library (I think it's cntrl + option + double click on Photos icon), then start it all again. This let me get 60GB up fairly quickly, but it's been stuck there for a few days now. I also took my iMac into work and hooked it up to the bigger system there, since many people proposed doing that, assuming that those environments have bigger "pipes." Anyway, I did all of this, and it's still stuck, uploading maybe one photo every six hours or so.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 5:01 AM in response to Stefan248

I see this question in a lot of places and in several Apple discussion groups. I've tried a number of the proposed solutions. I have 99GBs to upload. I got about 30GB uploaded twice, but then it kept stalling there (I have plenty of space). The solution that came closest was for me to turn off icloud, shut down Photos, rebuild Photos library (I think it's cntrl + option + double click on Photos icon), then start it all again. This let me get 60GB up fairly quickly, but it's been stuck there for a few days now. I also took my iMac into work and hooked it up to the bigger system there, since many people proposed doing that, assuming that those environments have bigger "pipes." Anyway, I did all of this, and it's still stuck, uploading maybe one photo every six hours or so.

Photos.app does not finish uploading library to iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.