Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring complete iTunes library from old computer to new one?

My old computer isn't connecting to the internet. I can't enable home sharing since the old computer won't connect to the Internet, and I can't transfer using an external hard drive since the old computer needs software downloaded to connect to it. Is there another way of transferring my entire itunes library from my old computer to the new one That doesn't need for the old computer to be connected to the Internet?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:55 AM

7 replies

Apr 24, 2015 5:02 AM in response to tigerlilie84

Home Sharing doesn't depend on an internet connection, just that both computers are connected to the same local network. Most USB external drives use Windows' built-in drivers and so should work without an internet connection. Otherwise your only option may be to extract the hard drive from the old computer, mount it in an external enclosure, and connect that to the new computer.

Apr 27, 2015 1:01 AM in response to tigerlilie84

I've tried backing up the iPod to my new computer, but it doesn't save anything. The only thing that has worked is backing up what was on my phone. I now try to back up the phone to the new computer and it'll tell me there are purchases on my phone that need to be transferred, so I click for them to be transferred. The computer does it's thing and if I click for it to back up again right away, it tells me the same thing even though there are no purchases. I can turn on the home sharing on the new computer, but when I go do it on the old one it says 'Home Sharing could not be activated because of an error occurred (-3150)'

Transferring complete iTunes library from old computer to new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.