Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Semi-transparent image after Copy/Paste in Preview

Hello! When I was editing my first image yesterday in Preview with Instant Alpha and Lasso, then copying the object and putting it over another picture, everything was alright. But today, when I started editing a little more difficult image, I made Instant Alpha and Lasso, then copied the object, put it over another picture - and now that object is semi-transparent and the background is clearly visible! I even started the process from the beginning, did everything all over again - problem is the same. I compared that object (in the cut state) to the one (original) with details that I am removing with Instant Aplha: the cut one is whiter, like if it was put under the light. On the original picture the object is darker and after removing other details with Instant Alpha it is still darker, but when I copy-paste it or save it as another PNG in goes whiter and semitransparent on other pictures. May there be a problem with that other background picture?

Left one - after save; Right one - before save:

User uploaded file

After Copy/Paste

User uploaded file

Also I saved that object as another PNG again, and this time it looks like this! I don't know how enabled white background.

User uploaded file

Please, tell me how to disable that transparency without need to edit the original picture from the beginning!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:12 AM

There are no replies.

Semi-transparent image after Copy/Paste in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.