Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove read only from Bootcamp? My bootcamp is now read only and I can't alter it. I have Yosemite OS X and Windows 8.

As I said in my overly long title, my bootcamp partition is now reading as full and read only. It used to work, and I would be able to write to it, but now I can not. I have Yosemite OS X installed and have installed all of the latest updates. I am not sure which update caused the glitch, but it hasn't worked in about a week. Now I can not install any software on my Windows 8 partition. Please help.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 32 GB of Ram 1600 MHz 3.2 GHz 27"

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 4:20 AM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Csound1

There is no other way to repair it?

I was hoping for something a little less defcon 4.

Bootcamp has been difficult for me to install for some reason unbeknownst to me. I think it has to do with my external drives. I'm not sure, but that may be a topic for another thread. Either way, does anybody have an idea as to why my bootcamp drive turned read only? I'd hate to delete and reinstall it only to have it happen again.

May 10, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Loner T

Okay, I was unable to get to the command prompt in Safe Mode, but I did download a program to see what was actually going on with my hard drive. It turned out that 100 G was too small for a hard drive on Windows. The whole hard drive was filled up very quickly and I had to delete a few files very quickly. So, it was Read Only, it was actually a filled up hard drive due to some malware that filled up the drive. Thanks for the help.

How do I remove read only from Bootcamp? My bootcamp is now read only and I can't alter it. I have Yosemite OS X and Windows 8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.