Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

making a movie in iMovie and want to speed up a clip but speed icon is grey and won't let me speed up clip

Making a movie in iMove and want to speed up a clip but speed icon is grey and won't let me speed up clip

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:20 PM

The video clip has to be selected in the project timeline (not in the event pane) then the speed icon should become active.

Geoff.

9 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:09 PM in response to JadeJordan11

Sorry if my comment was trivial (but I have encountered posters trying to produce movies in the events pane). I'm assuming you are using iMovie 10.0.x. Correct? Is the speed icon greyed out for all your video clips in the timeline or just this one? If you right click on the clip is "Show Speed Editor" also greyed out? If not you should get something like the following where you drag the circle with the black dot to change the speed:

User uploaded file

Geoff.

Apr 25, 2015 11:59 AM in response to GeeD

I have made the following feedback on the relevant help page (http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0.8/#/mov6c442b2eb):

"This page should mention that speed adjustments are disabled when wrapped timeline is selected.

A number of people have posted a problems on the Apple Support Community that they cannot activate speed adjustment and it is because of this undocumented behaviour.

GeeD."

Geoff.

making a movie in iMovie and want to speed up a clip but speed icon is grey and won't let me speed up clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.