Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multicam clips not synched with timeline playhead in 10.2?!?

Updated to 10.2 and loaded up old FCP X project with multicam clip. clip plays fine in viewer, all angles perfectly synched. when loaded into timeline, clip stops and does not follow playhead in timeline. Active viewing angle is viewed as timeline plays and multicam clip in viewer remains at clip beginning. sounds simple, but I cannot find a setting to change or resolve this problem?!?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Powermac 15" Retina Display

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:59 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2015 9:41 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis! So The 3 angles play fine up in the viewer. If I select the clip in the timeline and playback the timeline playback is fine, but the multicam clip is not following timeline playhead- it stays at viewer playhead's last frame position. So I playback the multicam clip in the viewer. I stopped the viewer playback at 00:46:51:07 of angle one (this example). loaded the multcam clip into the timeline. played back timeline (active angle viewed in canvas) and multicam clip does not follow timeline playback, it stays at 00:46:51:07. Hope that is clearer explanation.User uploaded file

Apr 24, 2015 9:55 AM in response to MntCajun

I think I know what is happening.

In your screenshot, there are two viewers. They are usually called the "Event Viewer" and the "Viewer".

The "Viewer" is the one on the right, and that is the one the plays your project.

The Event Viewer is the one on the left, and you have the "angles" showing on that.

The event viewer shows what is selected in the browser; the viewer shows what is selected in the timeline.

So here is what you should do: optionally, close the event viewer, as you are not using it now: Window->Hide Event Viewer

and

Show the angles on the main viewer: Window->Viewer Display->Show Angles

Now the angles correspond to what is happening in the timeline.

FWIW, when FCP X came out, it had only one viewer and most often it is used that way

(and in this case the one viewer displays what is in the browser or the timeline, whichever is active).

The "two viewers" existed in legacy FCP (called the viewer and the canvas there), and was something quite a few people requested.

It is indeed useful at times, mostly for comparing shots, but can also be confusing if you don't know which is which...

multicam clips not synched with timeline playhead in 10.2?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.