Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've changed my Apple ID, just changed the name, it works for Apps Store, but all iCloud IDs are stuck on the old. How do I edit them to the new name?

I've changed my Apple ID, just changed the name. It works for App Store, but I can't change the name for iCloud and now I've blown my iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro access to the iCloud. Any idea how to make these fields editable in settings like the Apps store was?

Thanks

E.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 8:36 AM

If you mean you've changed the email address which forms your Apple ID/iCloud login, you will need to sign out of iCloud on all your devices and then sign back in again.

On a Mac, System Preferences>iCloud and click 'Sign out'.

On an iOS device, Settings>iCloud and click 'Delete account' (this will not delete the account from the server).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 8:36 AM in response to eddiefrustrated

If you mean you've changed the email address which forms your Apple ID/iCloud login, you will need to sign out of iCloud on all your devices and then sign back in again.

On a Mac, System Preferences>iCloud and click 'Sign out'.

On an iOS device, Settings>iCloud and click 'Delete account' (this will not delete the account from the server).

Apr 24, 2015 8:55 AM in response to eddiefrustrated

Try going back to http://appleid.apple.com and changing the ID back to the original address. If you can get this accepted, then go to the iCloud preferences/settings pane, stop 'Find My ....', and then sign out. Do the same on any other devices or computers.

Then go back to http://appleid.apple.com and change the ID to the new one. Sign in with that on all your devices.

However if the address which forms the original ID is now not working it can't be validated and it's possible that you won't be able to revert to it. In this situation only Support can help you.

To contact iCloud Support: if you currently happen to have AppleCare, either because you recently bought Apple hardware or have paid to extend the initial period, you can contact them here:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

You will need the serial number of the covered hardware.

If you are not covered by AppleCare, then - in common with other free email services - there is no free support and you may be asked to pay a fee.

I've changed my Apple ID, just changed the name, it works for Apps Store, but all iCloud IDs are stuck on the old. How do I edit them to the new name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.