Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does apple change my google hangouts picture icon

When I login to google hangouts through my gmail account, it shows my apple id picture. WHY IS THIS? I don't want people to see my apple id picture on my google hangouts. I want to keep my original google hangouts/google plus profile picture as it was. When I go to google plus and in the upper left hand corner my original picture is there. How can i remove the apple id pic from the hangouts chat box?

MacBook Air, null

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 3:05 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2015 7:25 AM in response to asmaze

You probably got that by syncing your Apple Contacts cards with Google. It syncs the pictures from your contacts to the Gmail contact cards as well. If you change your picture on Google's site or if you go to your own contact card on Google's site you should be able to change your picture to something else and it won't change back on its own.

Apr 26, 2015 12:41 PM in response to asmaze

Hi,

If Messages has your Google Account set up there AND you have not set a Buddy Pic then it will take the pic from the Contacts App.
If this also happens to be your Apple ID then it will appear that your Apple id pic is the one ins use.

You can change the Pic in Messages and Contacts and the System Preferences > Users and Groups > Your account separately.

User uploaded file

8:40 pm Sunday; April 26, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

why does apple change my google hangouts picture icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.