You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i make EarPods wireless?

what is the best hardware i can use to make my earpods work wirelessly with my iphone 6? i want it for calls and music and am looking for a product that doesn't decrease the music quality.

also, if possible something that lets me use the controls on my earpods. i'll be wearing it on my motorcycle inside my jacket and the earpod controls will be easily accessible from under the helmet. thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 13 inch, i5, 256 GB SSD, 2013

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 6:14 AM

12 replies

Apr 24, 2015 6:34 AM in response to AKRBTN

i think there are some dongles called a2dp from sony and nokia which can pair with the iphone and u can then plug in any headphones or speakers into them and make them wireless, thus.

i'm looking for what the apple community prefers. there are some from jabra as well. but i am not sure which one of all these will prevent music quality loss.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headse t-sbh50/

http://www.jabra.com/Products/Bluetooth/JABRA_CLIPPER/Jabra_CLIPPER

Apr 24, 2015 8:12 AM in response to AceNeerav

AceNeerav wrote:

i'm looking for what the apple community prefers. there are some from jabra as well. but i am not sure which one of all these will prevent music quality loss.

Music files on an iPod or iPhone already have decreased quality due to the compression of the ACC or MP3 file. If you are satisfied with what you hear on your iPhone using the ear pods that come with it, then you should be satisfied with almost any bluetooth headphones available.

Just as a side note, make sure that your local laws allow you to use any sort of headphones while operating a motorcycle. I know that in many areas it is illegal.

Apr 24, 2015 8:13 AM in response to AceNeerav

You cut the wires off, poof, you are now wireless. 😁 But sound quality suffers.

Seriously, purchase another brand of wireless bluetooth earbuds (or headphones). You will get better quality and you completely eliminate the cable from the earbuds (or headphones). Apple's earbuds that come with the phone are mediocre at best. Stay away from Beats as they are overpriced and sound quality is heavily slanted to accentuating the base notes.

Apr 24, 2015 11:19 AM in response to raymond73

Very smart!

anyway, so far the earphone i have tried, which have the price of the earpods, are not satisfying to my ears. And i dont wanna invest in an expensive set as i already have like 3 sets of earpods at home and i dont wanna spend on expensive ones which i cant use by directly pluggin in (when the battery runs out).

thanks anyway.

how do i make EarPods wireless?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.