Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"all" purchased movies tab missing

As of yesterday, the "all movies" tab under purchased movies is no longer there. I have multiple AppleTV's and it is the same on all. Anyone know how I can get this back?

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 6:20 AM

12 replies

Apr 29, 2015 9:20 PM in response to MDeanP

I Just noticed this same issue a few days ago. I have many movies and lots of TV shows. I did have any additional purchases between before when it was working, and now when it is not working (showing all), so I don't believe it is some limit or number I reached. I've checked to make sure my software is up to date. Rebooted, and again. Just a little annoyanc, specially when searching my movies. A couple Harry potter's under on genre and 3 under another. Before they were all lined up together under ALL.

Apr 29, 2015 11:00 PM in response to Andyswats

I'm having the same problem. It just happened in the past day or so, and I hadn't bought any movies since the last time it was working. With that said, I do have a lot of movies in my library, so maybe they've imposed some sort of limit on how many it'll show. Regardless of the cause, it's quite annoying - the "genres" used by Apple are not at all helpful for locating purchased movies.

Apr 30, 2015 5:50 AM in response to Lumchanmfa

Same problem here. Been going on a couple of weeks. It is VERY frustrating when you're looking for "Big Hero 6" and it's NOT under "Kids and Family". I never even used the genre category before now - I would always just scroll through the "All Movies" listing in case I happened across something else I wanted to watch instead.

And while we're on it, can we assign our own categories to movies in the cloud? I think you can create your own playlists and run it off Airplay (I might be wrong about that, but that's what I was told). But I don't want to put every movie I've purchased (over 200) on my laptop just so that I can group them together to my liking. But as it is now, I have some Superman movies in Action and Adventure and Superman 3 down in Sci-Fi.

Apr 30, 2015 6:10 AM in response to MitchSapp

I know what you mean about never using genres. I also only used the "recently purchased" and "all movies" tabs... As for how messed up trying to find movies by genre is... a year or two back I bought the Harry Potter collection - 8 movies - 3 are listed under "action & adventure", 3 more are listed under "sci-fi & fantasy", and the other 2 are listed in "kids & family". Seriously - what the frak?!

Edited to add: I did submit a *bug report* to Apple support complaining about the issue. I am looking forward to a response. In the meantime, I would encourage anyone else experiencing this to also submit a bug report directly to Apple support under their feedback section. If it is a bug, they need to know it's not an isolated thing. If it's *not* a bug, they need to know how unhappy users are with the omission.

Apr 30, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Lumchanmfa

I have attempted to get Apple tech support to help to no avail. Last week when I called they had no idea what I was talking about. I continued to call back, sometimes a couple times a day, only to get confirmation that this was removed. However, no one could tell me why it was removed. Seems to only be a problem with larger libraries (200+ movies). I was told that Apple does not monitor these forums so unless you email or call Apple, they are unaware of problems from the user community. I advised that more and more complaints are being posted everyday. I've probably talked to no less than 8 people from apple since last week and no one can help. Had one guy tell me he "was not aware it was removed but if is was, its probably not going to change so get used to it". Very frustrating! Everyone should call Apple and complain about this.

"all" purchased movies tab missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.