Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th gen not turning on but recognized by iTunes and Windows

My two-month old 7th gen iPod Nano is not turning on. I've reset and restored it using both Windows (My Computer) and iTunes and have downloaded the and installed the latest version of iTunes. It was working fine and now just will not turn on. It is being recognized by Windows as a removable disc and by iTunes as an iPod that I can sync data onto.

I've tried the 'hold the power button for 5 seconds' trick to try to manually reset it, as well as other variations with pressing down on the power and menu keys simultaneously. The iPod is new, ordered online and the nearest Apple Store is over 2 hours away from where I live.

Please help?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:53 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 6:15 AM in response to M.Ram

Hello, M.Ram.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that the screen on your iPod nano is black, but is recognized by iTunes. Take a look at the troubleshooting article below as it may provide some troubleshooting steps that may help. However, if the issue persists, see the section labeled Issue not resolved.

iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

-Jason H.

iPod Nano 7th gen not turning on but recognized by iTunes and Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.