Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exercise.

Any ideas how I clock up exercise in the health and fitness app, stand and move seem to work fine automatically, do I have to press something to start exercise or should it also work automatically. I did a couple of minutes on the cycle machine, but nothing was clocked. I then did a couple of minutes again but this time clocked it on the workout app on the watch, the workout app seemed to clock my activity, but there was nothing for exercise on the health and fitness app.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Apple TV 1, Apple TV 2, Apple TV 3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:15 AM

There's a lot of information in the online manual - although I haven't been able to check it in detail, it might answer the question:

http://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd36e57e00chttp://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd36e57e00c

5 replies

Apr 24, 2015 7:14 AM in response to nick101

I'd read that thanks. I was wondering if it works above a certain heart rate and that maybe I haven't been exercising hard enough because I was just testing it. I did only do 5 minutes on a gym cycle (twice) but I would have thought that should have done the trick. Also I'd have thought you could alter the rate at which it's triggered if that was the case, some people have some real low heart rates.

Apr 24, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Still experimenting, so don't take this as absolute fact. I think that, part from stand and move you have to open the fitness app and explicitly start an exercise.Since I haven't done that yet (work gets in the way of self-education 🙂 ), I can't prove it.

I have an online intro session booked for tomorrow - maybe my Apple educator will know the answer

Apr 25, 2015 5:19 AM in response to nick101

Update.

By open the fitness app I assume you mean the workout app, I already tried that for about 5 minutes, it didn't do anything. However, I'm now convinced it's automatic, although I still don't understand the criteria for 'Exercise', I was out last night and I see this morning that I spent 2 minutes exercising during that time.

😁 Maybe the rush to the bar for last orders.

Exercise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.