Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open iPhoto now that I upgraded to Yosemite.When I click iPhoto it says I have to download older version of iPhoto.The app store, it says "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. HELP!

I upgraded my Macbook Pro (early 2011) to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Now, I cannot open iPhoto. It says I have to download older version of iPhoto. When I go to the app store, it says: The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store. the it says: "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S.Do I need to find my original Macbook disk and install it back and go from there? Did I loose all my pics? Do I really ned it if they are all visible from the new "Photos" App? HELP!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 5:27 AM

3 replies

Nov 19, 2015 12:47 PM in response to kcmohler

This was frustrating the **** out of me and I had three sessions on the phone with apple support and nothing. This is what ended up helping me. Simple

1: Connect your external hard drive to new Mac

2: Open Photos on new Mac

3: Open 'Users' in hard drive and select user with iphoto library

4: Right click on iphoto library in your pictures folder and select 'open package contents'

5: Find the master folder and drag it into photos

Done. Only thing you will have to reorganise your albums because there wont be any. Why couldnt apple tell me this. Two weeks I was frustrated!! haha oh well.

I cannot open iPhoto now that I upgraded to Yosemite.When I click iPhoto it says I have to download older version of iPhoto.The app store, it says "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.