Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it free to upgrade from snow leopard to yosemite? If so how do you do it?

I need to upgrade my OS as I cannot use the Adobe Digital Editions without doing so.

I have OS 10.6.8 (snow leopard) on a pro laptop.

Is this possible? - have tried but failed. Press the download button it says and nothing happens.

Is it free as it says to upgrade to yosemite? I haven't a clue what to do. Help please.

Mac OS X (10.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:00 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Gillian Lee

Yes, it is free. If you go to the App Store, sign in, and select Yosemite, nothing happens - is that correct? If so, try going back to the Featured tab and on the right side under Top Free, hover your cursor over Yosemite. A download button should appear. Click that and see if it works. If that doesn't work, try resting the App Store by following the reset link below.

Reset Learned from Old Toad

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite.

To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.

MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher

Your Mac needs:

• OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed
  • 2 GB or more of memory (More is better - 4 GB minimum seems to be the consensus)
  • 8 GB or more of available space

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Do a backup before installing.

Is it free to upgrade from snow leopard to yosemite? If so how do you do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.