Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a HD which has been partitioned. One partition runs OS X 10.6.8 while another partition runs Yosemite. When I'm running 10.6.8 the Select Startup Disk System Preference does not show the 10.10 partition and I'm forced to select the disk and re

I have a HD which has been partitioned. One partition runs OS X 10.6.8 while another partition runs Yosemite. When I'm running 10.6.8 the Select Startup Disk System Preference does not show the 10.10 partition and I'm forced to select the disk and re-install Yosemite, a very long and tedious process. For what its worrth, I don't particularly care for Yosemite primarily because the program I use most frequently, Quicken, has been upgraded to run under Yosemite and I greatly dislike the user interface that Intuit has migrated to. When I'm running the Yosemite partition, I can restart from the other partition.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:02 PM

The Startup Disk pane is working properly; in Mac OS X 10.6.8 and earlier, it won't show Core Storage volumes. Restart with the Option key held down to start up into Yosemite.

(126660)

2 replies

I have a HD which has been partitioned. One partition runs OS X 10.6.8 while another partition runs Yosemite. When I'm running 10.6.8 the Select Startup Disk System Preference does not show the 10.10 partition and I'm forced to select the disk and re

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.