Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is NOT a user friendly site to me, any suggestions ?

Settings > General > restrictions needs a password to correct grey out. This is not my iPad password.

iPad, iOS 6.1, 16 GB

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 7:51 AM

13 replies

Apr 24, 2015 5:04 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

The only possible reason restrictions is on is due to the latest upgrade. It was not "on" prior. All I really wanted to do was restore my iPad to the previous iOS if possible as that process has caused several issues. Now in order to restore to a previous backup I need to turn off iCloud "find my phone", but, of course, it's grey in settings. The restrictions being on also happened during the upgrade as iCloud was always accessible prior to the 8.3 upgrade, or in my case, downgrade. Perhaps my best solution is to get another iPad for this and another for that as apple seems to be reverting to "dedicated computer" technology in their refusal to support its users. Sales driven technology is so capitalistic. I really don't ever want to use iCloud anyway as it's quite an insecure place for IP.

Apr 24, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Rudegar

IIt's a catch 22 as I can't restore w/o turning off restrictions in grey out settings iCloud. Would I lose my info when restoring? I have been battling the exclusivity Apple creates in order to increase revenue since my 1st iPod, which is unsupported for quite some time. I am unable to get 100's of original songs off that classic iPod and into iTunes mainly because I didn't purchase these songs from Apple.

Jun 28, 2015 9:57 AM in response to blueranger

Forgive me for being blunt, but the fact that you cannot get songs that you did not purchase from iTunes off of a very old device - back into iTunes, isn't Apple's fault. You should be ****** at the company that you downloaded the music from or at yourself for not having the music safety backed up on your computer already, Old iPods are not storage devices, they are music playing devices.

As for restoring to factory settings, yeas you will owe everything on the iPad. That's not Apple's fault either if you didn't backup before attempting the update. You should be backing up all along just like you would do with a computer. Having all of you songs, photos, files, etc. on one device only is never a good idea.

SInce you have Find my iPad turned on in the settings, you might be able to erase it this way,

iCloud: Erase your device

<Edited By Host>

Jun 28, 2015 8:06 PM in response to Briansyddall

Briansyddall wrote:

Hi

Maybe its just you that not user friendly .

Cherrs

Brian

I strongly believe that this site needs thread-rating feature which prevents non-human-friendly questions which doesn't seem to have direct correlation with the thread title for being viewed by a frustrated new member which are still on their lower levels while facing problems with their Apple products.

Btw, how do you increase the levels and points again?

Jun 28, 2015 8:30 PM in response to watch_mania

watch_mania wrote:

Briansyddall wrote:

Hi

Maybe its just you that not user friendly .

Cherrs

Brian

I strongly believe that this site needs thread-rating feature which prevents non-human-friendly questions which doesn't seem to have direct correlation with the thread title for being viewed by a frustrated new member which are still on their lower levels while facing problems with their Apple products.

Btw, how do you increase the levels and points again?

A great deal of this thread has been redacted so, you're not in possession of all the facts. Brian's post makes a great deal more sense if you know the context. However, the Hosts would probably prefer we let the matter drop.

Points are awarded by the original poster of a thread to posts that they find helpful. So, Brian has been awarded those points by fellow users for providing helpful answers.

Jun 29, 2015 3:16 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

A great deal of this thread has been redacted so, you're not in possession of all the facts. Brian's post makes a great deal more sense if you know the context. However, the Hosts would probably prefer we let the matter drop.

That is why I wish they would simply pull these discussions. I have no clue at this point what the hosts edited at the end of my post.

I am probably reading this wrong, but it also looks to me like Brian is chastising the OP and the OP is giving him props? 😕 Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Jun 29, 2015 4:51 AM in response to Demo

Demo wrote:

Meg St._Clair wrote:

That is why I wish they would simply pull these discussions. I have no clue at this point what the hosts edited at the end of my post.

I am probably reading this wrong, but it also looks to me like Brian is chastising the OP and the OP is giving him props? 😕 Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I believe they edited the date on your post. I believe that post is older than the date indicates. But, I agree. It wouldn't have been a great loss to have the whole thing wiped.

This is NOT a user friendly site to me, any suggestions ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.