Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The external Garmin GLO GPS device cannot communicate with apps since the 8.3 iOS update. I NEED this fixed but Apple has no fix.

I use ForeFlight and an external Garmin Glo GPS device for flying.

Since the 8.3 iOS update, that GPS can handshake with the iPad ok but it can not get its data to the applications.

I have verified that it is ALL applications that use the GPS data.

I have tried the stupid tip of turning off Location services and rebooting, then turning them back on and leaving the iPad attached to the Internet for 3 hours but that does nothing this time. Personally, I thing that was a lame solution from ForeFlight last time but whatever.

This time I have found that this is a problem with the 8.3 iOS update but I can't find a solution that will work and I NEED this to fly. I tried downgrading to 8.2 but that doesn't seem to work any more because after I tried that, I got an error from Apple that said the downloaded 8.2 version was unsigned and not usable.

What solution is there from APPLE??

(btw: Please don't answer my question with lame suggestions. If you don't KNOW FOR SURE that your comment will help fix it, then keep it to yourself. We all hate reading those ' you should try powering it off ' or 'maybe the app crashed, restart it' co

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:35 AM

1 reply

The external Garmin GLO GPS device cannot communicate with apps since the 8.3 iOS update. I NEED this fixed but Apple has no fix.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.