Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail wasn't syncing, contacts lost. Help!

So I use gmail sync to store my iPhone contacts. For a while, it had been saying 'cannot fetch mail' or something, but I didn't care, because I never used the mail function, just for contact storage.

Anyway, I signed out of gmail on my iPhone and signed back in to stop that annoying message happening, and disaster my newly created contacts disappeared. Since that message 'cannot fetch mail' had been appearing, it hadn't been syncing my newly created contacts to gmail, so when I signed back in, they were gone.

Is there anything I can do to retrieve them, because to me, they don't seem to be backed-up anywhere?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:17 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 9:13 AM in response to 09greenj

Hi, 09greenj.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your contacts are no longer syncing via Gmail on your iPhone. I would verify that this information is located on the Gmail website. If this information is there, this could be located to two-step verification. I would recommend going through the steps in the article below.

Gmail account cannot get or send email in iOS

Cheers,

Jason H.

Gmail wasn't syncing, contacts lost. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.