Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't purchase / download apps because it says there's an issue with previous purchase. How can I fix this?

HHow do I fix this?

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:32 AM

9 replies

Apr 24, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Arceeesmama

The 'problem with a previous purchase' message implies that iTunes wasn't able to collect the money for your last purchase - until that is paid you won't be able to download anything else from the store, including free items, updates to apps and redownloading past purchases.

You will have to enter payment details that are accepted by the iTunes validation, or (and if they are available in your country) redeem an iTunes gift card onto your account : Pay an unpaid balance in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

May 14, 2016 7:21 AM in response to Niel

I have 15 euros in my account but when I try to pay (says in red "Amount you owe: 0.00") it says "Your request is temp unable to be processed." Weird right? I think it's because I previously used Click&Buy. I don't have a creditcard and when it comes to payment options, there's not "none" button.

I'm stuck. Can't download apps, not even when they're free.

May 29, 2016 5:30 AM in response to Arceeesmama

I Have this problem, when i try to download a free app it said this, i have looked everywhere and cannot see any balance owed, i have not purchased anything, why do we have to put up with this, i cannot do anything on my phone, ive added a debit card and it sais declined but there are sufficient funds in the account, unless your trying to take over 3000 out of the account which wouldnt suprise me

I can't purchase / download apps because it says there's an issue with previous purchase. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.