Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad and keyboard on my mid 2013 MBA is unresponsive after login. The trackpad allows me to click so I can type in my password, the keyboard also works then. But immediately am logged in, they both become unresponsive. Pls help

Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard after login

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 12F45

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:16 AM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2015 1:05 PM in response to georgeknight007

Try a SMC reset and see if it resolves......Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If not then try NVRAM reset and see if it works......How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Also, try to go in recovery mode and repair the disk using disk utility......http://osxdaily.com/2012/02/08/repair-boot-disk-mac-os-x-disk-utilit/

If that doesn’t help either then try to do a Safe boot......OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? - Apple Support

Or else, unfortunately the last option would be genius bar if there is any trackpad hardware issue.

Hope I have been of any help to you......

Trackpad and keyboard on my mid 2013 MBA is unresponsive after login. The trackpad allows me to click so I can type in my password, the keyboard also works then. But immediately am logged in, they both become unresponsive. Pls help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.