Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor slow since Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Update!

I'm compressing some clips, all are 3-5 minutes short clips. These used to only take maybe an hour each on my laptop, now they are taking 7-9 hours each since the update.

Anyone else noticing this, or what could be making it so slow?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 8:13 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

My settings haven't changed, always takes a while. Now it take forever.

H.264 , mp4, 8000 bit rate, clips are 5 min. or less ... MacBook Pro retina display, Yosemite 10.10.3, 2.6 MHz processor, 16GB ram, 500 GB harddrive.

Exporting them from Final Cut Pro X to Compressor, I was told you have to go through compressor to transcode them into self-playing movies.

Apr 24, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Todd B.

Exporting them from Final Cut Pro X to Compressor, I was told you have to go through compressor to transcode them into self-playing movies.

There are many many options to export inside FCP X.

I own Compressor but I have hardly used it in almost 4 years.

I fail to see what you mean by "self-playing movies". A movie is a movie. FCP X can export to mp4 with H264 codec by itself.

I do it regularly. Most of my movies are about 25 minutes long and take LESS than real time to share to H264 from FCP X directly.

Compressor slow since Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.