Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

small site creation ( yosemite )

Hello there ! There was something ( never used it ) called iWeb. Has anyone got advice or a good link on how to create a basic internet site (at first,just one page,but with a .com name) when you certainly don't want to become a professional,in 2015 ? (I have yosemite 10.10.3 and am in France). Thanks !

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:16 AM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2015 3:31 AM in response to Phil0124

I did not comment on it, because I personally have not used it. I've heard it mentioned as a good choice though, by several people.

As to 1&1, they are a more a web host and domain manager with a site builder option. Weebly as far as i know does not handle domain registrations but deals more with the website building portion rather than the domain management.

They'll host the site for you, but they don't sell domains.

Apr 25, 2015 3:47 AM in response to marinephoto

Phil0124 and Old Toad,many thanks. My ideas are getting clearer.

I also found webacapella,the sum is the same as Everweb but includes a store (I might be tempted in the future) and does not have to be paid each year ! You just add a few coins to pay for your hosting.

$99 a year seems a lot. I don't mean the sum; It's exactly what Apple had decided people would accept,during the era of dotMac accounts. But we are in 2015.

small site creation ( yosemite )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.