Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no photostream or recently added album on my iphone 5S?

Since upgrading my iPhone 5S to iOS 8 I have lost my photostream album and the ability to transfer my photos to my PC!!

From reading other peoples issues re: this on here, they say that they've now got a recently added album on their iPhone, where as I haven't. The only albums I've got are 'All photos", 'Panoramas', 'videos' and 'recently deleted'. I have tried turning off and on again the photo stream in my settings but that didn't help, I'm not keen to turn off my iCloud photo library as it will delete my 850+ photos I have on my phone.

Basically, what I want is the pictures I take on my iPhone to go effortlessly to the photostream album on my PC, like they have been doing for the last 2 years!! I appreciate that i could email them or use iCloud.com and download/save but this will all take too much time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 8:44 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 6:30 AM in response to LaursMH

I have/had the same issue-

I have an iPad mini 3, an iPod touch 5th gen, and an Apple TV 3rd gen. When I got the Apple TV I turned the Photo Stream on my iPad on. The photos from my iPad then showed up on Photo Stream on my Apple TV. Then I turned it on on my iPod and the photos from there also started showing up. However, there was a Photo Stream album on my iPod but not one on my iPad.

To solve this issue I found that if you go into the settings app and scroll down to "Photos & Camera" (or scroll down to "iCloud" and select "Photos"), "My Photo Stream" needs to be turned ON and "iCloud Photo Library" needs to be turned OFF. (I also have "iCloud Photo Sharing" and "Summarize Photos" turned off as well, though I don't believe these are affecting the Photo Stream.)

Then take a picture! The Photo Stream didn't show up until after I took a photo. It had been several minutes since I turned off the iCloud Photo Library and it still wouldn't show. Once I took a photo, the Photo Stream showed up right away.

(NOTE: When you turn off "iCloud Photo Library" the "All Photos" folder becomes the "Camera Roll." There is still no "Recently Added" folder, though from my understanding that was done away with between iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3.)

Hope this helps!

I have no photostream or recently added album on my iphone 5S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.