Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home accounts software for Mac

I've spent a chunk of this afternoon looking for a replacement for SplashMoney. It used to be very good, but seems to have gone downhill a bit. Today I backed up all my data to cvs format, as the manual recommends, deleted SplashMoney and reinstalled an empty copy. Then I tried to import my data. It failed. Then I learned from SplashData themselves that the csv format is not recommended because imports don't work reliably! Now they tell me...

So I need that replacement. I could use Numbers or Excel, but I'd like something a little slicker than that. So far I've only seen business level software, even when referring to "home accounts" or "personal finances". Anyone seen something that might do?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:31 AM

I like iBank. I do have one minor problem with it - my future transactions don't always behave the way they ought. I have to pay very close attention to transactions when they are coming up so that I know that they will be accurately accounted for in forward-looking balances. The good news about the problem is that it typically gives me a pessimistic forecast when it is inaccurate. Better that than an overly optimistic forecast.

However, that having been said, iBank works very well with my bank accounts and is able to retrieve transactions from all financial institutions for my checking, savings, credit card, investment and mortgage accounts. The actual information is always accurate.

iBank technical support is very helpful and I can usually count on reaching a technician via chat pretty quickly when needed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 9:31 AM in response to Justin Thyme

I like iBank. I do have one minor problem with it - my future transactions don't always behave the way they ought. I have to pay very close attention to transactions when they are coming up so that I know that they will be accurately accounted for in forward-looking balances. The good news about the problem is that it typically gives me a pessimistic forecast when it is inaccurate. Better that than an overly optimistic forecast.

However, that having been said, iBank works very well with my bank accounts and is able to retrieve transactions from all financial institutions for my checking, savings, credit card, investment and mortgage accounts. The actual information is always accurate.

iBank technical support is very helpful and I can usually count on reaching a technician via chat pretty quickly when needed.

Home accounts software for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.