Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JPEG quality gets worse at full scale?

Using Final Cut Pro X Version 10.1.4

I am using a jpeg (which was sent to me) many times in Final Cut Pro X. For some reason, when I use it at full scale (100% size), the quality is low. But when I enlarge the image, the quality is much better. How is this possible? Why wouldn't the quality be best at full scale?

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:38 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2015 10:11 AM in response to lborenst

100% is not really 100%...

By default, Spatial Conform is set to "Fit" - this is so that the whole picture is visible in the frame. This is 100% in Fit mode.

If you switch to None, then 100% is real size - you'll notice that the image is immediately much larger and does not completely, er, fit inside the frame.

In other words, since the image is larger than the video frame, and appears to be much taller than wider (2550x3300 seems to be a "portrait")

100% is more like 30% really (so that the whole 3300 tall image can fit inside the 1080 pixels of the frame).

JPEG quality gets worse at full scale?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.