Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I setup Airdrop now that I have installed Yosemite and it doesn't work?

I recently updated my Macbook Pro to Yosemite (not necessarily a great move). Then, when I used Airdrop with my iMac, the laptop didn't connect with the iMac until I asked it to search for an older iMac. SO,I thought it would make sense to update my iMac. Now, when I try to use Airdrop, my iMac still finds my Macbook but my Macbook can't find my iMac at all. Even when I suggest (nicely) that it look for an older iMac. I have had to start using my older iMac, still on OX way back to do any transferring for printing. This software is starting to get to me and I haven't even checked whether back up is working.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:22 AM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Eric Root

My Macbook Pro was only purchased last fall 2014. And Air Drop worked on both machines. Then I updated my Macbook Pro to Yosemite. It had to look for my 'old' iMac (purchased last spring) but found it under 'look for older iMac). After I updated my iMac, the iMac still sees the Macbook Pro but the Macbook Pro doesn't find the iMac. So my Air Drop requirements haven't changed and have always worked in the past and I have no idea what troubleshooting I would be looking for, surely nothing in the update on the iMac would negate something on the Macbook Pro?

How do I setup Airdrop now that I have installed Yosemite and it doesn't work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.