Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I create a playlist on my phone and sync it with my computer, some songs are removed from the playlist on my phone. This only happens to songs purchased from iTunes on my device.

After this happens, I have to add the songs on my device again. I can't get it to be added to my playlist in iTunes?

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:42 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Sucks New Basement

Hi there!

It sounds like you sync new playlists you create on your iPhone and the data doesn't sync correctly and you end up losing media that has been synced to your device. It seems to me like the sync data on your phone or in iTunes may be stuck so first I would quit all the running apps on your phone:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists I would next uncheck the box to sync Music to your phone, let the device sync, and then re check it and sync all the music back to it and test that out:

User uploaded file

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

When I create a playlist on my phone and sync it with my computer, some songs are removed from the playlist on my phone. This only happens to songs purchased from iTunes on my device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.