Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email folders dissapeared

I have a MacAir notebook, OS10.9.5 Yesterday, all my folders except Inbox and Sent disappeared. I tried to recover them from the icloud but this option failed. I make sure all the upgrades were installed. Can someone help me? I did not deleted my folders by mistake. Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:01 AM

9 replies

Apr 24, 2015 3:14 PM in response to marureyes

The mailbox list is divided into categories with headings such as On My Mac. When you hover the cursor over one of those headings (except for Mailboxes), you should see the word Show or Hide on the right. Click Show. The Mailboxes category can't be hidden.

In each category, the mailboxes are arranged in groups, such as Inbox. To the left of each group is a small disclosure triangle. If the triangle points to the right, click it so that it points down.

Note also that you may have to scroll the mailbox list up or down to see all of it.

Apr 24, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you for your response. I am really worried. All categories are shown. The problem is that all emails within each folder are lost, and of course the folders themselves. I tried to download them from the icloud. I was unsuccessful. I try to rebuild the mailbox, Nothing happen, except that the only mails from the inbox and from the send box disappeared. I tried to rebuild the index, but it did not work. So, I am praying that the emails are somewhere in my computer and I can recovered them.

I would fully appreciate your feedback.

Apr 24, 2015 5:05 PM in response to marureyes

I suggest you shut down the computer immediately and don't turn it on again until you have at least one external hard drive (two or more recommended) to dedicate to backup. Each backup drive must have at least enough capacity to hold all the data on the internal drive comfortably, as well as any data that you have on secondary drives. Then follow the instructions in this support article.

Sign in to icloud.com. Do you see the messages there? If you have other IMAP accounts, sign in to those on their respective web pages and look for messages.

email folders dissapeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.