Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEED URGENT HELP! iPod 5th gen not restoring or recovering!

About a week ago I tried to downgrade my iPod Touch 5th generation from either iOS 8.3 or 8.1.3 to iOS 8.1.1 as the update was causing me problems. In the middle of it working, my Wi-Fi dropped and the entire process stopped working. It also caused my iPod to enter recovery mode. Every time I have tried to restore it, update it, or update and restore it, none of it works. The progress bar will start to work but after a few minutes various error messages pop up. I have looked up everything I could online and nothing has worked. I have done various things from changing the hosts files on my Windows computer to updating iTunes and to whatever else but still nothing has worked for fixing the problem to my iPod. I even had friend take my iPod and try it on his computer, as one of the solutions I found was to use a different computer, but not even that has worked. I have been at this for a week and its very frustrating and it would just be simply amazing if someone could help me figure out what's wrong and how to fix it. It would be beyond greatly appreciated as my iPod is very important to me.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3, or iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:15 AM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 10:20 AM in response to SweetDaddyC

Sounds like you hosed up your iPod.. That sometimes happens when using jailbreaking methods to downgrade the IOS.

Downgrading the iOS is not supported by Apple.

Jailbreaking voids the Apple warranty and also means that you will not get any support from Apple, including from this Apple forum. Jailbreaking can't be discussed in this Apple forum.

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

Apr 24, 2015 11:43 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the info I already know. But I HAVE NOT tried to jailbreak my iPod. The iOS that my iPod updated to, whether it was 8.3 or 8.1.3, was causing my iPod problems that were very frustrating and irritating. I looked online on how to downgrade back to iOS 8.1.1 as it caused me no problems at all. The websites stated that Apple supported downgrading but that you had to download the software, which is what I did. In the middle of it working, the Wi-Fi dropped, messing up the process, and has since caused me my distress. All I simply wanted to do was downgrade back so that I didnt have anymore problems. I DID NOT AND DO NOT want to jailbreak my iPod for fear of corrupting it.

So actual help would be lovely.

Thanks anyways.

NEED URGENT HELP! iPod 5th gen not restoring or recovering!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.