Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update Safari without updating the OS?

How can I update Safari without updating the OS? I presently have 10.7.5 and 1.6.1

I am getting too many notices that my browser is out of date...

b

PS, a note to Apple. You use terms like Mountain Lion, Yosemite, etc. But in other places you use

10.6, 11.7, etc. Could you be consistent? use one or the other, not both. Please. Or always use both together.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 10:54 AM

Safari 6.1.6 is the newest version available for 10.7.5. If you're already running it, you cannot.

(126673)

5 replies

Apr 24, 2015 5:46 PM in response to BillRussell

Shoot Apple, you don't make things easy. I don't want to upgrade OS as you now require an itunes account to get upgrades, and I'm against that. (until I have to).

So I switched to the chrome browser, that works.

PS, Ralph, yes, I can lookup the version numbers, but I have not felt the need to memorize them. My question is why does apple make it so difficult that we have to memorize the version number to name correspondence?

b

Oct 30, 2015 5:16 PM in response to BillRussell

Chrome, eh?

I have a Lion OS - 2011 and I resisted upgrading specifically because of the problems upgrading usually dose to the performance of the computer.

Interesting that going to Chrome is looking like the better option.

How can I update Safari without updating the OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.