Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open safari I get the following message "attention your iOS has been crashed due to a third party across. To fix it please call iOS technical support 1-844-551-9913 (toll free) immediately!" How can I make it go away ?

how do I make safari work again? I was trying to open an article on mashablaw when this happened. Please help

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 11:26 AM

First and most important, do not call the number, do not let them have access to your Mac, and DO NOT pay them anything.

All such warnings like this are scams. You are not infected with anything, and nothing has been installed or downloaded to your Mac.

Force quit Safari. Hold the shift key down and relaunch it. If that alone doesn't do it, temporarily disconnect from the Internet and repeat. If the page appears, you will be able to move away from it or close it's tab since the scam pop-up can't contact the remote server to keep you stuck. Reconnect to the Internet after clearing the page.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 11:26 AM in response to Slc2015

First and most important, do not call the number, do not let them have access to your Mac, and DO NOT pay them anything.

All such warnings like this are scams. You are not infected with anything, and nothing has been installed or downloaded to your Mac.

Force quit Safari. Hold the shift key down and relaunch it. If that alone doesn't do it, temporarily disconnect from the Internet and repeat. If the page appears, you will be able to move away from it or close it's tab since the scam pop-up can't contact the remote server to keep you stuck. Reconnect to the Internet after clearing the page.

Apr 25, 2015 6:49 AM in response to funkinbassman

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

When I open safari I get the following message "attention your iOS has been crashed due to a third party across. To fix it please call iOS technical support 1-844-551-9913 (toll free) immediately!" How can I make it go away ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.